The FL SWITCH SFN ... range of Factory Line switches with standard functions in numerous versions can be used for quick and cost-effective Ethernet network expansion. The switches have 5 or 8 ports, up to two of which are designed in multimode/single-mode glass fiber ports in SC or ST format. The switches support transmission rates of 10 and 100 Mbps at the Twisted-Pair-Ports. The glass fiber ports exclusively support 100 Mbps.
The switches regenerate received data telegrams and send them to the port to which the device is connected with the corresponding target address.
Unassigned ports of the FL SWITCH SFN can be locked mechanically for protection against unauthorized use. Assigned ports meet the requirements of LAN security level 1, as they can be locked against unauthorized removal of the network connection. This feature is not available on the SFNB products.
Features and fields of application
- Increased network performance by filtering the data traffic.
- Local data traffic remains local.
- Amount of data in the network segments is reduced.
- Simple network extension without configuration of the switches.
- Coupling of copper network segments with different transmission rates with automatic detection of data transmission rate of 10 or 100 Mbps.
- Auto negotiation: Each copper port establishes a half or full duplex connection with 10 or 100 Mbps.
- Auto crossing: It is not necessary to make a distinction between 1:1 or crossover Ethernet copper cables.
- Electrical isolation of network segments using up to two fiber optic ports.
- Option to attach layer 1 security elements to the RJ45 ports.